Adventure in Self

         Adventure in Self

 

I write some phrases, but invisible,

Part with my soul, both indivisible

In subtle robes; soon I shall attire,

My soul’s my abode, ah both afire.

 

Confound me! If ever I call it verse,

But thru lute and lyre, I’ll rehearse,

My aching heart; in the deep pain!

Loud shrieks, never to end in vain!

 

’Tis wrong if someone says, guess!

I’m ever beyond, why make a mess,

Nay hankering after, honour or fame,

Douse the fire, I’m never that flame!

 

In my wilderness O none wanders by,

Blind yet I explore; vision in that eye!

My humility; my bliss, my adventure!

Into mystery, love alone can venture!

 

I live beyond jubilance, and the mirage,

Silence’s my eloquence, ah dumb I rage,

Eyeing my cup, a heart bleeds ruby red,

I sensed some whispers, and tears shed.

 

 

 

Even a murmur, if it rings into my ears,

Will ignite a creep, of scares and fears,

Down the mortal frame, O what fright!

Passions enraged, He’d kindled the light.

 

Journeying in silence, and probe my own,

Deep into self, fervidly fond I were grown,

Sneaking ‘tween self and soul, I was astray,

Where’s Love? A goblet sans night or a day!

 

An aureola emerged, and there I shall seek,

Long hid in the cup, of my tearful and meek,

Verily so timid and fearful, behold His grace,

I fixed my heart for nerve, ah here’s no trace.

 

A change will come when all the changes end,

The devastation is a must, for ravages to rend,

Flowers and the lovers, might laugh and weep,

Aye behold me conquered, in my abiding sleep.

 

Till the cosmic oceans of love last, I will drink,

Till fields and meadows, shalt one day shrink!

I’m conquered, the subdued, some may falter,

I slay those gods of idolatry, dead at His altar!

 


By Dr. Riaz Ahmad, December 7, 2025

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Dear Parents

Way to the Maker

My Grief’ Vent