An Errant – his Apology
An Errant – his Apology
Fair and hurriedly, my eyes and their chase,
Every corner and nook, of this gloomy maze,
Mindless and astray, and with my wild eyes!
Probing in and around, aye beyond the skies!
Sports and gambol hadst taken me away,
I was an errant, my thoughts very astray,
Aye I wilt venture and someone may say,
And unveil, wherein ambushed; I did lay!
My quivering eyes review it, from a tower,
My foe had crouched, in greenwood bower,
Where the hateful sloth, arose from the lair,
And engulfed me, into the bewitching glare!
Ah it lured me; soon into its haven bright,
That world of leisure, this ease and flight,
Stealthily, those moments slithered away,
A soul was swapped for a dumpling of clay!
My life was like a ferry, on the oceans afloat,
Many an enticement, and attractions to dote,
I were to plot the lines, the right or the wrong,
Currents were seldom low, very often strong!
No crew were there, only myself to blame!
Ah I had played alone, this wondrous game,
The Referee sits yonder, to mortals invisible,
Unbiased His verdict and wert so indivisible.
Till my ferry hadst sailed to the sloping sky,
Ah lingering sunbeams there, be wary of lie!
Never caring to glean them, and once more!
So sad! The paths were thorny, ‘twert a lore.
On the trackless oceans. I were ferrying along,
Ah in the eve, the shadows were looming long!
Now a waxing tide; then the surf wouldst break,
Just a tumble, a bump, and everything at stake!
The ferry was my own, captained by my might,
I’d set the course, the wonted one in my sight,
The anchor, sails and line, I’d figured the pace,
A voice rang there, “Ye brace up and dare face”
I were on the cross roads of my ruined life!
Amidst the turmoil, dangers and my strife,
Engrossed in my fancy, ah my awful dream,
Woke me to my tears; and I raised a scream.
The voyage was very scary, ah time sublime!
Barely audible, beating its mysterious rhyme,
Amidst clatter and clamour, aye who hears?
Then aroused; I were crying the rueful tears.
Why a soul did I scorch? The fringe of light,
The darkness within, engaged to grisly fight,
Then paint in blood drops, aye the ruby red!
Squeezed from my veins, cruelly I were bled.
Hoping a sanctuary, ah someday I might light,
The asylum in my breast, was beholden slight,
A flash soon, here a core of brilliance and bliss,
The scented waft swept, aye my cheek to kiss.
The beacon within, may burn me, and all afire,
The call or a spur, chanting hymns and my lyre!
In the subtle light, I may tread my saintly role!
Holding the beacon onwards, lo pacing for goal.
Then a thought might arise, from distance afar,
The glittery doors of sanctum shall stand ajar,
I wert cast in world; innocent by my lot severe,
A way ahead I may find the gem, buried there!
Aye within infinite bounds, I was walking alone,
To the alien horizons, ah I wert hurriedly borne,
The outer were veiled, unveiled was my inside!
The furtive was elusive, and there I were spied!
I walked by a grave, the epitaph there, the name,
He might be me, and I’d hung my head in shame,
Breathing my timid prayers, thinking all the more,
Of the vanquished ones, fearfully thru mist I tore.
Comments
Post a Comment