A thought fledged

                      A thought fledged

The song I wished to sing, ah remains unsung,

Dreams have wings, fading, and thus far flung,

The flute of reed, breaths some subtle tunes,

Some waves flutter, tearing thru silent dunes!

 

Time’s endless, lo gates to light open and close,

A silenced bud unfurls, and forth the scent flows,

The whiffs stir the tempest, into a burning desire,

Drawing a veil of invisibility, over the leaping fire.

 

Inflicted with the pain of love, my cherished grief!

Ensnared in thoughtless vista, I’d wished no relief,

The remedy fetched, had burned my quivering lips,

Honey and gall withal, I’d supped with relished sips.

 

The missive on wings, my agony to the azure sky,

My imagination’s rise and fall, but it wouldn’t die,

Ingrained in my soul, the perilous course I had run,

I discerned honey in gall, a hardy work well done!

 

 

The unfriendly gestures, I’d draped in lambent light,

Tearing thru the haze, I‘d carved a ubiquitous sight,

A crack of whip, a bounce of light, its ceaseless flow

Amidst the realms of love, nights lit in eternal glow.

 

A winding course ran up, yon to the thorny steep,

A tryst wert there, none but with silence I’d keep,

From a bedeviled ocean, with many slips and flips,

MY odyssey ends here, and smiles play on my lips!

​​

By Dr. Riaz Ahmad             ​​​​​​          July 22, 2026

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Dear Parents

Way to the Maker

My Grief’ Vent