A strobe into Self
A strobe into Self
Trolled in a storm where's the polar star?
Hopes on the surge; the doors stood ajar;
Tossed on riled waves, I wert half aware,
Unseen entwined paths, a tryst I’ll share.
In the midst of concourse, I were alone;
To the orbs alight, ever the unbeknown,
Beleaguered, but a haven I’d discovered,
An ascetic within, I’d secretly uncovered.
In the abyss of my core, silent in a night,
I uncovered depths, veiling every height,
My steps were shaky, my half open eyes,
Unmindful of onlookers, I’d heaved sighs.
I sensed nothing; why tedious my course?
My endless journey, and I was the source,
Skylines were crimson, ah mystic my stare,
I peeped into light, and I was waylaid bare!
Wild in my breast, glitter surpassed a pearl,
Robbed but embraced, my soul set to twirl,
A painful miracle around, about to the close;
O my own ruins, I was a flux in ethereal flows.
Compounded with the leaping flames of fire,
I’d bellowed thru the fire, and played my lire,
Breathing the glorious Name, of infinite fame,
No "I" or "Thou", I were chained to the flame!
I’d surpassed a fanatic, and nursed with blood
A Rose in my heart, with the cherry-red flood,
In the sanctuary of my soul, I was gone astray,
Anon to the Beloved, my heart charged away.
I caroused hurriedly, at His fountain enthralled,
Growing thirstier, for the additions I had called,
Acorn's cups full, with the cherry drops of wine,
Lavish reverberations of my love; all was mine!
I’d beholden my Friend near, signaling unto me,
In the ravels of love; exalted with bliss and glee,
I fell prostrate to the Stranger, Unique and One,
Glances had crossed in a tryst, and I wert done!
By Dr. Riaz Ahmad, August 11, 2026
Comments
Post a Comment