A stake in Oblivion

               stake in Oblivion

I yearn to escape, from the devious faces,

From dazzling beauty, and gods of graces,

Better I hear the sigh, and pursue skyline,

My eyes locked, there with heaven twine.

 

Engrossed deeply, I will reach a lonely spot,

Lost in the love of beauty, aye I was caught,

In the heart of my soul, one belladonna lily,

Sinking ’neath the load of love, I pried slyly.

 

I were the love of universe, where did I come?

Ah stripped of love’s pleasure, I’ve fears some,

Aquiver, specters of fears, and the looming fray,

Ardently I’ll plead the beauty, O come my way.

 

The sap’s evaporated, O beauty unveil thy face,

Eternity’s the mirror, mirrored in infinite space,

The flora in bloom, wafting scent and my flight,

I’d watched a spectacle in the void, what a bite!

 

I embrace the slumber, but I’m secretly awake,

Tremulous with fear, and unaware of my stake,

Blest with the last gift of life, aye far away I go,

The ethereal breeze passes on, on its soft flow.

    By Dr. Riaz Ahmad. July 30 2026

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Endeavors Leap to a Surge

My Dear Parents

The Lambent Blaze