Whither my abode?

 Whither my abode?

I blast in two spheres, of my reality unaware,

I outstrip the both, robbed of my muse bare,

Strolling in the arenas of love, I took to fright,

A flambeau doused in mist, I sought the light.

 

Severed from the ties of time, ah once more,

I crave for the ale, and knock at tavern’s door,

Pour into my ears, the symphony of a stream,

Stir the ecstasy of yore, inebriate I’ll redeem.

 

Paint a diorama for me, then draw a veil over,

Excited I advance, scared I recede yet I hover,

In the labyrinth of love, entangled I pine away,

’Twixt mesmeric vistas, where to find my way?

 

Like a bird of flora, I’ll sing to a ruby-red rose,

The whiffs of eonion ale, I’ll breathe so close,

Like a nightingale, I shall pipe the love’s song,

’Cause a bird is come, to where it doth belong.

 

A fettered life, dangling with a strand of thread,

Now lives free, from the mundane world’s dread,

Where’s the ruined life, and the crumbling fame?

Forgotten and dead, in the heat of eternal flame. 


 By Dr. Riaz Ahmad, July 13, 2026

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Endeavors Leap to a Surge

My Dear Parents

The Lambent Blaze