A Travelogue

                            A Travelogue

 

He has plundered my heart and robbed my soul,

The arrow pierced my breast, shot from my goal,

Wriggling serpentine, thru earthy and crazy ways,

I dissolved into nothingness, but alive to the haze.

 

Zephyr wafting thru foliage, with mesmeric rustle,

Sneaking silent and unknown, thru swelling bustle,

I braced my unseen wings, and alight on filmy curls,

Thru cosmic corridors, I odyssey as mystery unfurls.

 

Across the realms of love, pining away and afire,

Tossed and swung around, then into love’s pyre,

Abandoned of my reason, I were seething alone,

In a tryst sans bounds, a tavern infinitely blown!

 

Days and light of yore, end in vapour and smoke,

Floating here and there, the link betwixt I invoke,

Twilight my dazzling day, from the slammer free,

A loving without knowing! A glance slashed me!

 

An ecstasy forever, no more the years and days, 

stirring sight, the amazing Majesty and Glaze,

My eyes eyeless, ah quivers and silent dialogue,

Ascension in humility, the end of my travelogue.         


                               By Dr. Riaz Ahmad, July 2, 2026

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Endeavors Leap to a Surge

My Dear Parents

The Lambent Blaze