A Repentance

                       A Repentance

 

Why so? I ride a swift horse, chasing a dear,

But I’m chased by a tiger; petrified with fear,

I design days and nights, to get what I desire,

But I land in a prison, setting my wants afire.

 

The ephemeral shadows; eclipse my mind,

That was planned to be one, ethereal kind!

Like stray birds; ah I pursued different trails,

Fluttering and falling; into the stormy gales.

 

Teeming ideas flogged, my mystified mind,

To my query, an answer therein I didst find,

One humble being, the sifting and the sieve,

I toppled into my lapses, to weep and grieve.

 

Aloof and silenced ’neath the somber skies,

I raised my stare yonder, with heaving sighs,

On the dark vistasstealing my probing gaze,

Ov’r ecstasy! All thru my frame I wert ablaze.

 

Silence echoed; and the stillness grew twice,

tore thru veils, with my heart spliced thrice,

My stony stare, and every bit sliced asunder,

In my Beloved’s tavern; I’d made a surrender.

Reason ceded to love; in passion wrought,

Amidst the web of shadows, I was fraught

With unspeakable disquiet; if I was to lose

My Beloved, wherein I had ceded so close!

 

Chained to the mystery, the maniac I knelt,

Ushered to a chink, the soft whisper spelt,

“He pullat strings and the puppets dance!

At the altar of Love, who meets His glance?

 

When my wants are spurned at, then I learn,

Tossed around in the turmoil, a reward I earn,

As I climb up the spiral, wherein eternity blips,

His Glorious name, plays splendour on my lips.

 

I’ve perfected my faith, His grace’s sure to come,

My tormented bosom, must imbibe sparks some

From the Divinity’s sheen, glazing my fading love,

Until the splendor glows my love; a starlet above.

 

 

By Dr. Riaz Ahmad                             July 12, 2026

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Endeavors Leap to a Surge

My Dear Parents

The Lambent Blaze