A child’s Supplication
A child’s Supplication
As years roll on, make a human of me,
To perform unwavering, in woe or glee,
Enticed away to the allures, I’m naught,
With that of iron will, I may be wrought.
Award me prized vision; I shall see thru
The tangled paths, the virtuous I pursue,
With a beauteous heart, I must be blest,
And decipher the mystery, in my breast.
Light me the treks of love and compassion,
Plodding the streak of truth, be my passion,
The flambeau in hand, pass around the light,
The vision to the blind; in the black of night!
O my Lord! Help me the faded trails to blaze,
Shine to the listless eyes; the dusky to glaze,
Hunger-stricken cheeks; back to malar flush,
Grant me spirit, inspiring the faded to blush.
Award me awareness, with precision to learn,
The perplexities of burden and awful concern!
In realms of calmness, free from lust and greed,
For my biting foes; a goodly intent I shall breed.
I implore Thee for an innate mind, I beg and ask,
In the bitter wintery days; I need the sun to bask,
Grant me an insight, in darkness to heed the cue,
Why must a plant need? The sun and morn’s dew.
In my lazing heart, a chaste light I may discover,
In the dismal crevice, sans aches I shall recover,
The beatitude of my Lord, bless me journey fast,
Grant me the faster pace, than a glance was cast.
In the chronicles of years, I’ll wane with age,
The worn one; in the dark let my vision’s rage,
With an iron will and mind; I’ll chase and prey,
On vice and mischief; that may come my way!
Against mischiefs; help me push a gallant fight,
May my dream come true; fringe of shiny light!
Help me chase the rectitude, in the eras ahead;
Amongst the blessed ones, so my name be read.
By DR. Riaz Ahmad June 27, 2026
Comments
Post a Comment