My prayer

 My prayer

 

My diction may be, not worth a crown,

Nay I engage phrases for some renown,

Ah the lines glitter, in their humble flow,

Strew scintilla in dark, soft in their glow!

 

Wherefrom come? I know it naught,

But of the very grit, they are wrought,

Of mine heart, blood and the soul all,

Born of wounded heart, may enthrall

 

Silent hearts, that would impart force,

To doused passions, run violent course,

Then engrossed, truly in a tumult wild,

Ah tossed on wildfire, as angels smiled

 

Thoughts often cross my mind and go,

A few remaining, may to flashes grow,

Thence ignite ardour, the ire within me

To realm of fantasy and vehement glee.

 

To the secret whispers, I lend the tongue,

Deep in my heart, O squeezed and wrung,

And the pent up charge, very often I vent,

I’m a loner, with my mind’s perilous bent.

 

 

 

Verily odd I scribble, then queer I speak,

I am a nomad, and alien avenues I seek,

Mustering courage, from fiascoes anew,

Strangely I fire, twinkles in drops of dew.

 

My soul’s sojourn, in thus wicked world,

The trampled down! Why I wert hurled?

Counting days, and stars in gloomy night,

The goal’s afar, nevertheless in my sight!

 

I traveled hard, to where my hopes lay,

Then verged on a cave, in misery astray,

Assaying this side and holding that side,

Straddled and shaky, the truth I’d eyed.

 

O my Lord! Seething all my worried life,

I’d battled all my life; my grueling strife,

My head whirls, my heart pounds loud,

May I peek thru, when veiled in shroud

 

Pray! I pray! O the Redeemer very dear!

Thy loving transcendence, must appear,

Bless me Thy Mercy, as prostrate I come,

Eyeing yonder; flabbergasted and numb!

 

 

 

By Dr. Riaz Ahmad            June 24, 2026

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Endeavors Leap to a Surge

My Dear Parents

The Lambent Blaze