An Entrance

                    An Entrance

Tousled muse, this labyrinth and night,

Usher me chaste, yonder to pure light,

Help me sail swift, alight on filmy gale,

Gulping all my way, swigs of divine ale.

 

In a tavern, an inebriate is pining away,

Wits flouted, heart bleeding, and astray,

Bleeding at the altar of love, yet in tears,

Convulsing in a tryst, for unknown fears.

 

In sottish state, bless me a starring cup,

To fill it with ale, and the divinity I’ll sup,

Like a lucky bird, I wilt verge on the brim,

To behold the spark, aye my face to rim!

 

Someone pours music, like singing stream,

Fountains play on fields, all lush and gleam,

In parables of life, let flow heavenly breeze,

A glimpse and a startle, my heart shall seize

 

An infinite sphere, beyond the Sun and sky,

The lamp in my heart, lends fuel to my sigh,

Celestial orbs whirl, stars twinkle and dance,

I’d bled profusely, verily sharp was His lance!.                                     

 

               By Dr. Riaz Ahmad, June 26, 2026

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Endeavors Leap to a Surge

My Dear Parents

The Lambent Blaze