My Station!

                      My Station!

O Nature! Lay thy breast open and reveal,

Breathe unto me a secret; I may steal,

A clue may suffice me, a limitless sea,

The link betwixt flower, nectar and bee.

 

Drifting in wilderness I stare at the sky,

A blue dome and eyeing the stars high,

So stunning, to converse in silent tones,

My burden; and I drop to stifled moans.

 

The beautiful dawn breaks and birds play,

Diving, curveting in the morn’ air to sway,

Leaping butterflies and floras ah my muse,

A secret with another hushed, ah my blues.

 

I scored deserts, dunes and the mirage too,

Plantation and habitats, locked in bond true,

The raging Sun and the sandy winds at night,

Reason houses conflicts but love blazes light.

 

I roamed thinking; querying oft’ my loved soul,

An ever roaring business, whereto is the goal?

Here unfurls a secret missive, “Look and think?”

I cracked the “Self” and teetered on vistas’ brink. 



By Dr. Riaz Ahmad

October 22, 2025




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Dear Parents

Way to the Maker

My Grief’ Vent